Closer Look: What Should China Do with 18 Mln Pigs Carcasses Every Year?
More than 10,000 dead pigs have been pulled out of a Shanghai river that provides drinking water to 23 million people over two weeks, raising health concerns. Even worse, there have been reports that many dead pigs were processed and sent to people's dining tables.
Behind all of this is the issue of disposing of pigs that dies from disease, an area that regulators have long neglected.
- 1How Did an Ambitious Cross-Border Settlement Firm’s Dream Turn Sour?
- 2Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 3 China En Route to Driverless-Car Road Testing
- 4China’s Quest for ‘World Class’ Universities Triggers Spending Spree
- 5Despite Cryptocurrency Curbs, China Backs Underlying Technology