Audit Finds National Lottery System Is Riddled with Problems
(Beijing) – Billions of yuan raised by China's state-run lotteries has been misused over a recent period of nearly three years, the national auditor says, shedding light on loose supervision and a lack of transparency regarding the massive system.
The largest-ever national audit of the lottery system, which focused on ticket sales and the use of funds, involved the National Audit Office sending special teams to 18 provinces and municipalities to inspect local government departments. Some 228 sales agencies and 4,965 public projects supported by lottery funds were also checked.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes