Audit Finds National Lottery System Is Riddled with Problems
(Beijing) – Billions of yuan raised by China's state-run lotteries has been misused over a recent period of nearly three years, the national auditor says, shedding light on loose supervision and a lack of transparency regarding the massive system.
The largest-ever national audit of the lottery system, which focused on ticket sales and the use of funds, involved the National Audit Office sending special teams to 18 provinces and municipalities to inspect local government departments. Some 228 sales agencies and 4,965 public projects supported by lottery funds were also checked.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract