Audit Finds National Lottery System Is Riddled with Problems
(Beijing) – Billions of yuan raised by China's state-run lotteries has been misused over a recent period of nearly three years, the national auditor says, shedding light on loose supervision and a lack of transparency regarding the massive system.
The largest-ever national audit of the lottery system, which focused on ticket sales and the use of funds, involved the National Audit Office sending special teams to 18 provinces and municipalities to inspect local government departments. Some 228 sales agencies and 4,965 public projects supported by lottery funds were also checked.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence