Cloud Storage Firms Told to Crack Down on Pirated Material
(Beijing) – The government has told cloud computing companies to stop users from storing pirated products on their platforms starting immediately, a major shift in how the industry had been handling the problem.
The National Copyright Administration sent a notice to cloud storage firms on October 14, and published it on its website on October 20.
It says the companies must put technologies in place to prevent users from uploading, storing and sharing pirated products on their platforms.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence