Cloud Storage Firms Told to Crack Down on Pirated Material
(Beijing) – The government has told cloud computing companies to stop users from storing pirated products on their platforms starting immediately, a major shift in how the industry had been handling the problem.
The National Copyright Administration sent a notice to cloud storage firms on October 14, and published it on its website on October 20.
It says the companies must put technologies in place to prevent users from uploading, storing and sharing pirated products on their platforms.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract