Cloud Storage Firms Told to Crack Down on Pirated Material
(Beijing) – The government has told cloud computing companies to stop users from storing pirated products on their platforms starting immediately, a major shift in how the industry had been handling the problem.
The National Copyright Administration sent a notice to cloud storage firms on October 14, and published it on its website on October 20.
It says the companies must put technologies in place to prevent users from uploading, storing and sharing pirated products on their platforms.
- 1Video of Brawling Deliverymen Sets Chinese Internet Abuzz
- 2PBOC to Cut Reserve Requirement for Qualifying Banks
- 3Beijing Lowers This Year’s Goal for Cutting Excess Coal Production
- 4China Solar Exports Drop 10% in 2016 Amid Anti-Dumping Disputes
- 5China Railway Corp. Struggles to Adapt in Era of Air Travel