China Saves the Giant Panda — For Now
(Beijing) — It's official: The giant panda is no longer an endangered species.
After decades of hard work by the Chinese government and conservationists, the population of this iconic animal has rebounded to a level that the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN) considers large enough not to warrant the "endangered" label.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract