CSRC Official Leaves Post for Financial Investment Company
(Beijing) — The head of the legal enforcement task force of the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) has left his position and joined a state-owned financial investment company as an executive.
Hou Wailin, 54, has become chairman of Guangzhou-based Technology Financial Group, which provides financial advice to small and midsize technology firms, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
It remains unclear who will succeed Hou as head of the regulator's Enforcement Task Force, which investigates financial crimes that include insider trading and stock-price manipulation.
Hou joined the Beijing headquarters of the CSRC in September 2015. He worked at the regulator's Guangzhou branch for years before moving to Beijing.
- 1CRRC Inks Deal to Sell 120 Subway Cars to Boston Authority
- 2Chinese SOE Regulator Tells Conglomerate to Withdraw From Fight for Control of Vanke, Sources Say
- 3China Raises Anti-Dumping, Anti-Subsidy Taxes on U.S.-Made Animal Feed
- 4ICBC Embraces Debt-Equity Swaps With $8 Billion in Deals
- 5China Vehicle Sales Rise 13.7% in 2016, But Slowdown Seen This Year