NetEase Shares Tumble as Game Unit Posts Sluggish Growth
NetEase Inc. posted a 42% profit growth in the latest quarter, but its shares fell sharply after the news came out as the company posted its slowest revenue increase in nearly two years.
Shares of China's second-largest online-game company — whose titles include the popular World of Warcraft series — have nearly doubled since April, as it previously posted strong revenue growth in a fiercely competitive gaming industry where many others are reporting declines.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract