NetEase Shares Tumble as Game Unit Posts Sluggish Growth
NetEase Inc. posted a 42% profit growth in the latest quarter, but its shares fell sharply after the news came out as the company posted its slowest revenue increase in nearly two years.
Shares of China's second-largest online-game company — whose titles include the popular World of Warcraft series — have nearly doubled since April, as it previously posted strong revenue growth in a fiercely competitive gaming industry where many others are reporting declines.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes