NetEase Shares Tumble as Game Unit Posts Sluggish Growth
NetEase Inc. posted a 42% profit growth in the latest quarter, but its shares fell sharply after the news came out as the company posted its slowest revenue increase in nearly two years.
Shares of China's second-largest online-game company — whose titles include the popular World of Warcraft series — have nearly doubled since April, as it previously posted strong revenue growth in a fiercely competitive gaming industry where many others are reporting declines.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence