Regional Exchanges Challenge Vision of Market Unity
(Beijing) — China's long-standing crackdown on unregulated local exchanges, which has yet to make any major progress, has encountered a new hurdle — unruly local authorities.
Local governments in Beijing, Shenzhen and Wuhan have recently set up their own platforms for trading bills of exchange, a move that challenges the central bank's intention of unifying the market through the launch of a national trading center.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence