Regional Exchanges Challenge Vision of Market Unity
(Beijing) — China's long-standing crackdown on unregulated local exchanges, which has yet to make any major progress, has encountered a new hurdle — unruly local authorities.
Local governments in Beijing, Shenzhen and Wuhan have recently set up their own platforms for trading bills of exchange, a move that challenges the central bank's intention of unifying the market through the launch of a national trading center.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes