Regional Exchanges Challenge Vision of Market Unity
(Beijing) — China's long-standing crackdown on unregulated local exchanges, which has yet to make any major progress, has encountered a new hurdle — unruly local authorities.
Local governments in Beijing, Shenzhen and Wuhan have recently set up their own platforms for trading bills of exchange, a move that challenges the central bank's intention of unifying the market through the launch of a national trading center.
- 1Video of Brawling Deliverymen Sets Chinese Internet Abuzz
- 2PBOC to Cut Reserve Requirement for Qualifying Banks
- 3Beijing Lowers This Year’s Goal for Cutting Excess Coal Production
- 4China Solar Exports Drop 10% in 2016 Amid Anti-Dumping Disputes
- 5China Railway Corp. Struggles to Adapt in Era of Air Travel