Regional Exchanges Challenge Vision of Market Unity
(Beijing) — China's long-standing crackdown on unregulated local exchanges, which has yet to make any major progress, has encountered a new hurdle — unruly local authorities.
Local governments in Beijing, Shenzhen and Wuhan have recently set up their own platforms for trading bills of exchange, a move that challenges the central bank's intention of unifying the market through the launch of a national trading center.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract