Party Newspaper Moves to Calm Fears as China Forex Reserves Sink
(Beijing) — The Communist Party's official newspaper called on Friday for an end to the "outdated mindset" that China needs to hoard foreign exchange reserves, after the country's holdings fell nearly $70 billion last month.
Reserves at the People's Bank of China, the country's central bank, decreased to $3.052 trillion in November, down from $3.12 trillion in October — the biggest slide since January, data from the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) showed on Wednesday.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence