Party Newspaper Moves to Calm Fears as China Forex Reserves Sink
(Beijing) — The Communist Party's official newspaper called on Friday for an end to the "outdated mindset" that China needs to hoard foreign exchange reserves, after the country's holdings fell nearly $70 billion last month.
Reserves at the People's Bank of China, the country's central bank, decreased to $3.052 trillion in November, down from $3.12 trillion in October — the biggest slide since January, data from the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) showed on Wednesday.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes