Nation's Fiscal Deficit Could See Increase Next Year, Analysts Say
(Beijing) — China's fiscal deficit may rise next year as Beijing is expected to cut taxes and increase infrastructure investment to drive growth, analysts said as they examined likely economic and policy scenarios for 2017.
Meanwhile, the government needs to trim unnecessary, even harmful, subsidies such as those impeding competition in order to improve the efficiency of its spending, they said.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract
- 5Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?