Alibaba's Taobao Placed Back on USTR's 'Notorious Markets' List
(Beijing) — Alibaba's Taobao has been named a "notorious market" by a Washington government agency because of the online marketplace's alleged involvement in the trade of pirated goods.
Taobao's inclusion on the annual "notorious" list, released by the United States Trade Representative (USTR) office on Wednesday, marks a setback for the e-commerce giant, which had been removed from the list four years ago.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract