Bicycle-Sharing Startup Mobike Raises $215 Million
(Beijing) — Bicycle-sharing service operator Mobike has raised $215 million in new funding, providing fuel in its race with a growing field of rivals that are riding a bike revival in China.
Beijing Mobike Technology Co. Ltd., one of the earliest arrivals to China’s latest bike-sharing craze, is known for its stylish orange and gray bikes on sidewalks throughout major cities like Beijing and Shanghai. Its service allows subscribers to borrow its bikes anywhere they can find one and then park them wherever they want, with a small fee deducted for time of use.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract