Alibaba Sues Two Taobao Merchants for Selling Counterfeits
(Beijing) —Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has sued two merchants on its Taobao online marketplace for allegedly selling counterfeit watches, as the e-commerce giant seeks to convince observers that it’s serious about fighting piracy.
Alibaba is suing two sellers of fake Swarovski-brand watches in a court in the southern boomtown of Shenzhen. The lawsuits seek 1.4 million yuan ($201,000) in damages for contract and goodwill violations.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence