Alibaba Sues Two Taobao Merchants for Selling Counterfeits
(Beijing) —Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has sued two merchants on its Taobao online marketplace for allegedly selling counterfeit watches, as the e-commerce giant seeks to convince observers that it’s serious about fighting piracy.
Alibaba is suing two sellers of fake Swarovski-brand watches in a court in the southern boomtown of Shenzhen. The lawsuits seek 1.4 million yuan ($201,000) in damages for contract and goodwill violations.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract