Alibaba Sues Two Taobao Merchants for Selling Counterfeits
(Beijing) —Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has sued two merchants on its Taobao online marketplace for allegedly selling counterfeit watches, as the e-commerce giant seeks to convince observers that it’s serious about fighting piracy.
Alibaba is suing two sellers of fake Swarovski-brand watches in a court in the southern boomtown of Shenzhen. The lawsuits seek 1.4 million yuan ($201,000) in damages for contract and goodwill violations.
- 1Video of Brawling Deliverymen Sets Chinese Internet Abuzz
- 2PBOC to Cut Reserve Requirement for Qualifying Banks
- 3Beijing Lowers This Year’s Goal for Cutting Excess Coal Production
- 4China Solar Exports Drop 10% in 2016 Amid Anti-Dumping Disputes
- 5China Railway Corp. Struggles to Adapt in Era of Air Travel