Opinion: Bold Steps Needed to Handle China’s Economic Uncertainties in 2017
Official and unofficial economic data confirms that the Chinese economy stabilized in mid-2016. But there is disagreement about the country’s growth outlook moving forward.
Three important forces are likely to shape economic trends in 2017: Developments in the property market, infrastructure spending, and manufacturing investment. These forces are also the sources of much uncertainty about the future direction of China’s economic policy.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract