Opinion: Bold Steps Needed to Handle China’s Economic Uncertainties in 2017
Official and unofficial economic data confirms that the Chinese economy stabilized in mid-2016. But there is disagreement about the country’s growth outlook moving forward.
Three important forces are likely to shape economic trends in 2017: Developments in the property market, infrastructure spending, and manufacturing investment. These forces are also the sources of much uncertainty about the future direction of China’s economic policy.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence