Opinion: Bold Steps Needed to Handle China’s Economic Uncertainties in 2017
Official and unofficial economic data confirms that the Chinese economy stabilized in mid-2016. But there is disagreement about the country’s growth outlook moving forward.
Three important forces are likely to shape economic trends in 2017: Developments in the property market, infrastructure spending, and manufacturing investment. These forces are also the sources of much uncertainty about the future direction of China’s economic policy.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes