JD.com Becomes Part of UnionPay Network
(Beijing) — The online payment unit of JD.com became a member of China UnionPay on Wednesday, extending the bank-card operator’s network to all major third-party payment platforms in China with the notable exception of Alipay.
Chinabank Payments Technology Co. Ltd. will be able to accept both online and offline transactions made with a bank card operated by UnionPay, according to a strategic agreement signed by UnionPay and JD Finance, the financial arm of Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com.
- 1Video of Brawling Deliverymen Sets Chinese Internet Abuzz
- 2PBOC to Cut Reserve Requirement for Qualifying Banks
- 3Beijing Lowers This Year’s Goal for Cutting Excess Coal Production
- 4China Solar Exports Drop 10% in 2016 Amid Anti-Dumping Disputes
- 5China Railway Corp. Struggles to Adapt in Era of Air Travel