JD.com Becomes Part of UnionPay Network
(Beijing) — The online payment unit of JD.com became a member of China UnionPay on Wednesday, extending the bank-card operator’s network to all major third-party payment platforms in China with the notable exception of Alipay.
Chinabank Payments Technology Co. Ltd. will be able to accept both online and offline transactions made with a bank card operated by UnionPay, according to a strategic agreement signed by UnionPay and JD Finance, the financial arm of Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes