JD.com Becomes Part of UnionPay Network
(Beijing) — The online payment unit of JD.com became a member of China UnionPay on Wednesday, extending the bank-card operator’s network to all major third-party payment platforms in China with the notable exception of Alipay.
Chinabank Payments Technology Co. Ltd. will be able to accept both online and offline transactions made with a bank card operated by UnionPay, according to a strategic agreement signed by UnionPay and JD Finance, the financial arm of Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence