Beijing Launches Clean-Air Pilot Program in Public Schools
(Beijing) — Education authorities in Beijing have launched a pilot program to install smog-filtering ventilation systems in classrooms at public kindergartens (preschools) plus primary and middle schools amid pressure from parents as air pollution in the Chinese capital worsens.
Authorities in Haidian, a popular school district in northwest Beijing, have randomly picked 13 schools and kindergartens for the trial, according to a person briefed on the plan.
- 1Video of Brawling Deliverymen Sets Chinese Internet Abuzz
- 2PBOC to Cut Reserve Requirement for Qualifying Banks
- 3Beijing Lowers This Year’s Goal for Cutting Excess Coal Production
- 4China Solar Exports Drop 10% in 2016 Amid Anti-Dumping Disputes
- 5China Railway Corp. Struggles to Adapt in Era of Air Travel