Beijing Launches Clean-Air Pilot Program in Public Schools
(Beijing) — Education authorities in Beijing have launched a pilot program to install smog-filtering ventilation systems in classrooms at public kindergartens (preschools) plus primary and middle schools amid pressure from parents as air pollution in the Chinese capital worsens.
Authorities in Haidian, a popular school district in northwest Beijing, have randomly picked 13 schools and kindergartens for the trial, according to a person briefed on the plan.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence