China’s Sports Czar Calls for Curbing Soccer Spending
(Beijing) — China’s top sports authority said recent investor spending on imported soccer stars and foreign clubs has turned excessive and must be controlled.
The call by the General Administration of Sport of China, appearing in an interview format and published on its website Thursday, followed a string of high-profile and progressively pricey overseas deals over the past two years.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract