China’s Sports Czar Calls for Curbing Soccer Spending
(Beijing) — China’s top sports authority said recent investor spending on imported soccer stars and foreign clubs has turned excessive and must be controlled.
The call by the General Administration of Sport of China, appearing in an interview format and published on its website Thursday, followed a string of high-profile and progressively pricey overseas deals over the past two years.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes