China’s Sports Czar Calls for Curbing Soccer Spending
(Beijing) — China’s top sports authority said recent investor spending on imported soccer stars and foreign clubs has turned excessive and must be controlled.
The call by the General Administration of Sport of China, appearing in an interview format and published on its website Thursday, followed a string of high-profile and progressively pricey overseas deals over the past two years.
- 1Video of Brawling Deliverymen Sets Chinese Internet Abuzz
- 2PBOC to Cut Reserve Requirement for Qualifying Banks
- 3Beijing Lowers This Year’s Goal for Cutting Excess Coal Production
- 4China Solar Exports Drop 10% in 2016 Amid Anti-Dumping Disputes
- 5China Railway Corp. Struggles to Adapt in Era of Air Travel