China’s Sports Czar Calls for Curbing Soccer Spending
(Beijing) — China’s top sports authority said recent investor spending on imported soccer stars and foreign clubs has turned excessive and must be controlled.
The call by the General Administration of Sport of China, appearing in an interview format and published on its website Thursday, followed a string of high-profile and progressively pricey overseas deals over the past two years.
- 1China Faces Daunting Challenges as Senior Care Comes of Age
- 2Cabinet Outlines Curbs on ‘Irrational’ Outbound Investment
- 3Doing Business in China: Joint Ventures Show Signs of Aging, but Still Have Some Life
- 4Schools for Migrant Children Vanishing as Beijing Combats Population Growth
- 5Is Sci-Fi the Next Big Chinese Cultural Export After Kung Fu?