Beijing Dismantles Soccer Body
(Beijing) — China has scratched an administrative body that oversaw the nation’s soccer industry, giving more leeway to teams and other players to innovate in hopes of boosting the game.
The Football Management Center, an affiliate of the General Administration of Sport, was formally dismantled late last week. The move will leave the China Football Association as the sole body overseeing one of the nation’s most popular sports.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence