Fosun to Double Its Stake in Portuguese Bank
(Beijing) — Globally minded private equity firm Fosun International said on Tuesday it will nearly double its stake in a leading Portuguese bank to as much as 30%, aiming to expand the European lender’s services to China and other developing markets.
Fosun will accomplish its stake increase by purchasing more stock in Banco Comercial Portuges (BCP), which also goes by the name Millennium BCP, through a share rights plan, according to a Fosun statement to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- 1China Faces Daunting Challenges as Senior Care Comes of Age
- 2Cabinet Outlines Curbs on ‘Irrational’ Outbound Investment
- 3Doing Business in China: Joint Ventures Show Signs of Aging, but Still Have Some Life
- 4Schools for Migrant Children Vanishing as Beijing Combats Population Growth
- 5Is Sci-Fi the Next Big Chinese Cultural Export After Kung Fu?