Fosun to Double Its Stake in Portuguese Bank
(Beijing) — Globally minded private equity firm Fosun International said on Tuesday it will nearly double its stake in a leading Portuguese bank to as much as 30%, aiming to expand the European lender’s services to China and other developing markets.
Fosun will accomplish its stake increase by purchasing more stock in Banco Comercial Portuges (BCP), which also goes by the name Millennium BCP, through a share rights plan, according to a Fosun statement to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes