Forced Closure Costs Drugmaker 11 Million Yuan in Profit
North China Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. said on Monday it lost 11 million yuan ($1.6 million) in profit during a prolonged production halt to combat smog in one of the first such disclosures of how China’s drive to clean up pollution is affecting industry.
As part of its campaign to clean up the country’s smog, local governments occasionally order nearby factories to halt production when air quality deteriorates too much. They are also gradually shutting down some of the worst polluting factories.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes