Forced Closure Costs Drugmaker 11 Million Yuan in Profit
North China Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. said on Monday it lost 11 million yuan ($1.6 million) in profit during a prolonged production halt to combat smog in one of the first such disclosures of how China’s drive to clean up pollution is affecting industry.
As part of its campaign to clean up the country’s smog, local governments occasionally order nearby factories to halt production when air quality deteriorates too much. They are also gradually shutting down some of the worst polluting factories.
- 1China Faces Daunting Challenges as Senior Care Comes of Age
- 2Cabinet Outlines Curbs on ‘Irrational’ Outbound Investment
- 3Doing Business in China: Joint Ventures Show Signs of Aging, but Still Have Some Life
- 4Schools for Migrant Children Vanishing as Beijing Combats Population Growth
- 5Is Sci-Fi the Next Big Chinese Cultural Export After Kung Fu?