Jack Ma’s Million-Job Pledge to Trump Looks 'Extravagant'
(Beijing) — Alibaba founder Jack Ma’s meeting with U.S. President-elect Donald Trump was mostly for show, and Ma’s pledge to create 1 million jobs by promoting U.S. companies in his online malls looks exaggerated, experts said.
At the same time, they said Ma’s Monday audience with Trump in New York City could help Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. gain a better footing for cross-border e-commerce, although it was unclear if Alibaba’s reputation among U.S. brands might improve for fighting piracy in its online marketplaces.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract