Jack Ma’s Million-Job Pledge to Trump Looks 'Extravagant'
(Beijing) — Alibaba founder Jack Ma’s meeting with U.S. President-elect Donald Trump was mostly for show, and Ma’s pledge to create 1 million jobs by promoting U.S. companies in his online malls looks exaggerated, experts said.
At the same time, they said Ma’s Monday audience with Trump in New York City could help Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. gain a better footing for cross-border e-commerce, although it was unclear if Alibaba’s reputation among U.S. brands might improve for fighting piracy in its online marketplaces.
- 1China Faces Daunting Challenges as Senior Care Comes of Age
- 2Cabinet Outlines Curbs on ‘Irrational’ Outbound Investment
- 3Doing Business in China: Joint Ventures Show Signs of Aging, but Still Have Some Life
- 4Schools for Migrant Children Vanishing as Beijing Combats Population Growth
- 5Is Sci-Fi the Next Big Chinese Cultural Export After Kung Fu?