Jack Ma’s Million-Job Pledge to Trump Looks 'Extravagant'
(Beijing) — Alibaba founder Jack Ma’s meeting with U.S. President-elect Donald Trump was mostly for show, and Ma’s pledge to create 1 million jobs by promoting U.S. companies in his online malls looks exaggerated, experts said.
At the same time, they said Ma’s Monday audience with Trump in New York City could help Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. gain a better footing for cross-border e-commerce, although it was unclear if Alibaba’s reputation among U.S. brands might improve for fighting piracy in its online marketplaces.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes