Jack Ma’s Million-Job Pledge to Trump Looks 'Extravagant'
(Beijing) — Alibaba founder Jack Ma’s meeting with U.S. President-elect Donald Trump was mostly for show, and Ma’s pledge to create 1 million jobs by promoting U.S. companies in his online malls looks exaggerated, experts said.
At the same time, they said Ma’s Monday audience with Trump in New York City could help Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. gain a better footing for cross-border e-commerce, although it was unclear if Alibaba’s reputation among U.S. brands might improve for fighting piracy in its online marketplaces.
- 1Video of Brawling Deliverymen Sets Chinese Internet Abuzz
- 2PBOC to Cut Reserve Requirement for Qualifying Banks
- 3Beijing Lowers This Year’s Goal for Cutting Excess Coal Production
- 4China Solar Exports Drop 10% in 2016 Amid Anti-Dumping Disputes
- 5China Railway Corp. Struggles to Adapt in Era of Air Travel