China Steelmaker Finally Puts the Ball in Ballpoint Pen
(Beijing) — China may be the world’s largest maker of ballpoint pens, but it has not been able to master the craft of making the tiny ball-holding sockets that are a key component in one of the world’s most popular writing tools — at least until now.
After a five-year effort, spurred by comments from China’s premier, a northern Chinese steelmaker has finally joined a small but elite group of global companies that can make the steel for the sockets that look simple but require super-high-tech precision.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes