Nobel Laureate Tu Youyou Becomes First Female to Win China’s Top Science Award
Nearly 45 years after the discovery that got her the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine in 2015, pharmacologist Tu Youyou has finally received some official recognition at home, winning China’s top government science award on Monday.
Tu, credited with the discovery of artemisinin to treat malaria, became the first female scientist to win China's top science and technology award. Also winning was physicist Zhao Zhongxian, a leading physicist specializing in superconductive materials.
- 1Video of Brawling Deliverymen Sets Chinese Internet Abuzz
- 2PBOC to Cut Reserve Requirement for Qualifying Banks
- 3Beijing Lowers This Year’s Goal for Cutting Excess Coal Production
- 4China Solar Exports Drop 10% in 2016 Amid Anti-Dumping Disputes
- 5China Railway Corp. Struggles to Adapt in Era of Air Travel