Nobel Laureate Tu Youyou Becomes First Female to Win China’s Top Science Award
Nearly 45 years after the discovery that got her the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine in 2015, pharmacologist Tu Youyou has finally received some official recognition at home, winning China’s top government science award on Monday.
Tu, credited with the discovery of artemisinin to treat malaria, became the first female scientist to win China's top science and technology award. Also winning was physicist Zhao Zhongxian, a leading physicist specializing in superconductive materials.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract