Sanpower to Buy U.S. Cancer-Drug Maker for $820 million
(Beijing) — Sanpower Group Co. Ltd. has agreed to buy a U.S. maker of cancer vaccines for $820 million, marking the conglomerate’s largest move to date into the global industry for precision medicines.
The purchase is one of the largest-ever of an overseas drugmaker by a Chinese company. It will see Sanpower buy Dendreon, the U.S.-based cancer business of Canada’s Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., Sanpower said in a statement on Tuesday.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract