Sanpower to Buy U.S. Cancer-Drug Maker for $820 million
(Beijing) — Sanpower Group Co. Ltd. has agreed to buy a U.S. maker of cancer vaccines for $820 million, marking the conglomerate’s largest move to date into the global industry for precision medicines.
The purchase is one of the largest-ever of an overseas drugmaker by a Chinese company. It will see Sanpower buy Dendreon, the U.S.-based cancer business of Canada’s Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., Sanpower said in a statement on Tuesday.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes