Sanpower to Buy U.S. Cancer-Drug Maker for $820 million
(Beijing) — Sanpower Group Co. Ltd. has agreed to buy a U.S. maker of cancer vaccines for $820 million, marking the conglomerate’s largest move to date into the global industry for precision medicines.
The purchase is one of the largest-ever of an overseas drugmaker by a Chinese company. It will see Sanpower buy Dendreon, the U.S.-based cancer business of Canada’s Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., Sanpower said in a statement on Tuesday.
- 1Video of Brawling Deliverymen Sets Chinese Internet Abuzz
- 2PBOC to Cut Reserve Requirement for Qualifying Banks
- 3Beijing Lowers This Year’s Goal for Cutting Excess Coal Production
- 4China Solar Exports Drop 10% in 2016 Amid Anti-Dumping Disputes
- 5China Railway Corp. Struggles to Adapt in Era of Air Travel