China’s History Textbooks Told to Modify Date War Began Against Japan
(Beijing) — China’s Education Ministry has ordered publishers to revise all history textbooks used at schools and universities to restate the date that the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression began.
The ruling will establish the war as 14 years long, starting on Sept. 18, 1931. The conflict, known in the West as the Second Sino-Japanese War, had been recognized as being eight years long, starting on July 7, 1937. The war officially ended with the surrender of Japanese troops to Chinese forces on Sept. 9, 1945.
- 1Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 2China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract