Editorial: The Best Strategy to Fend off Trump Protectionism
In the two and a half weeks since his inauguration, U.S. President Donald Trump has rattled the world with a series of controversial policies. By signing executive orders to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), begin construction of the U.S.-Mexico border wall and temporarily halt all refugee admissions as well as bar visitors from seven predominantly Muslim countries, Trump has moved quickly to turn many of his campaign promises into practice, disappointing expectations that he would soften his positions on many controversial issues after taking office.
The Editor-in-Chief of Caixin Media.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence