China Rolls Out Pilot Program to Boost Doctors’ Pay
(Beijing) — China will launch a yearlong pilot program to improve doctors’ pay amid a growing number of incidents of physician corruption and negligence, a situation that has been blamed on poor salaries.
Earlier, part of a doctors’ benefits package was linked to how much hospitals earned from selling drugs and medical tests.
The trial program aims to boost the base pay for physicians and put an end to the controversial practice, according to a document jointly released Friday by the National Health and Family Planning Commission and three other central government agencies.
- 1China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 2Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract