Sales of New-Energy Cars Plunge After Subsidies Suspended
(Beijing) — China’s new-energy car sales plunged in January as buyers and manufacturers took to the sidelines as the government restructured an incentive system that had been widely abused.
The country has embarked on an aggressive program to build up its new-energy car sector as part of a broader effort to clean up air pollution and develop cutting-edge technologies that can be exported. But generous subsidies meant to promote the industry led to widespread fraud among buyers and manufacturers.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence