Latecomer Meituan Makes Foray into Online Car-Hailing Market
(Beijing) — China’s largest group-sales website, Meituan-Dianping, has discreetly rolled out an online car-hailing service — a bid by the latecomer to seize new opportunities in a market recently streamlined by stringent regulations.
Meituan, best known as an online directory and deals platform for restaurants and local services, began testing the water in Nanjing on Tuesday with an online ride-booking service embedded within its app.
- 1China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 2Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract