Latecomer Meituan Makes Foray into Online Car-Hailing Market
(Beijing) — China’s largest group-sales website, Meituan-Dianping, has discreetly rolled out an online car-hailing service — a bid by the latecomer to seize new opportunities in a market recently streamlined by stringent regulations.
Meituan, best known as an online directory and deals platform for restaurants and local services, began testing the water in Nanjing on Tuesday with an online ride-booking service embedded within its app.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes