China’s First Mutual Insurer Opens
(Beijing) — China’s first mutual insurer has opened in Beijing, representing a step toward the country’s goal of diversifying its insurance industry.
Zhonghui Property Mutual Insurance, with initial working capital of 1 billion yuan ($146 million) from 12 founding members, will offer credit insurance to small and midsize enterprises plus short-term health and personal accident insurance, according to a statement published on the website of the China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC).
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes