Dating Site Zhenai Spurns Offshore Listing for Chinese Suitor
(Beijing) — Online dating site Zhenai.com is being acquired by a Shenzhen-listed drone maker, the latest example of an alternate exit strategy for venture-backed companies whose former first choice would have been a New York initial public offering (IPO).
As part of its deal to be acquired by DEA General Aviation Holding Co., Zhenai will shed its variable interest entity (VIE) status, a corporate structure typically used by Chinese companies looking to list overseas to comply with Chinese laws on foreign ownership of domestic companies, DEA said in a statement on Wednesday to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- 1China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 2Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract