Automaker Proton Seeks Foreign Partner as Report Points to Geely
(Bejing) — Malaysian automaker Proton Holdings Berhad said it is selecting a foreign strategic partner to revitalize the company, as media reported one suitor was Geely, a leading Chinese player.
Proton, together with owner DRB-Hicom, is in the process of identifying the ideal partner, and will announce the result by the end of June, DRB-Hicom said in a statement on Wednesday.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes