Zhaopin in New Buyout Talks to Take Company Private
(Beijing) — Online recruitment site Zhaopin.com said it is in talks with a consortium led by its largest shareholder to take the company private, marking the third such bid in one of the most contested in a wave of buyouts of U.S.-listed Chinese firms.
Zhaopin said it is in advanced discussions with the group, headed by SEEK International Investments, and whose members also include Hillhouse Capital and an affiliate of FountainVest Partners. The consortium is proposing to buy all of Zhaopin’s American depositary shares (ADSs) that it doesn’t already own for $18 apiece.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes