Zhaopin in New Buyout Talks to Take Company Private
(Beijing) — Online recruitment site Zhaopin.com said it is in talks with a consortium led by its largest shareholder to take the company private, marking the third such bid in one of the most contested in a wave of buyouts of U.S.-listed Chinese firms.
Zhaopin said it is in advanced discussions with the group, headed by SEEK International Investments, and whose members also include Hillhouse Capital and an affiliate of FountainVest Partners. The consortium is proposing to buy all of Zhaopin’s American depositary shares (ADSs) that it doesn’t already own for $18 apiece.
- 1China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 2Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract