Financial Industry Faces ‘Inventory’ Problem in China
China’s government has aimed to cut manufacturing overcapacity, boost demand for housing and reduce nonfinancial-sector leverage. While progress has been made toward the first two goals, it has actually moved further away from the third one and, as a result, created an even bigger risk to the economy.
This article examines the third problem from the perspective of financial institutions.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes