Consulting Firm Files Complaint Over McDonald’s Corp.’s Sale of China Stake
(Beijing) — A Chinese consulting firm has filed complaints to government authorities over McDonald’s sale of its China operations, arguing that the deal might affect the interests of existing franchises.
McDonald’s last month announced plans to sell 80% of its stake in its China operations, plus 20-year franchise rights, to state-backed Citic Ltd. and Citic Capital, and U.S. private equity fund Carlyle Group.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes