Consulting Firm Files Complaint Over McDonald’s Corp.’s Sale of China Stake
(Beijing) — A Chinese consulting firm has filed complaints to government authorities over McDonald’s sale of its China operations, arguing that the deal might affect the interests of existing franchises.
McDonald’s last month announced plans to sell 80% of its stake in its China operations, plus 20-year franchise rights, to state-backed Citic Ltd. and Citic Capital, and U.S. private equity fund Carlyle Group.
- 1China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 2Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract