Sun Art Shares Halted Amid Rumors Over Alibaba Bid
(Beijing) — Sun Art Retail Group Ltd., the parent of China’s largest grocery chain, asked for its shares to be suspended in Hong Kong on Friday amid speculation that the company is in talks to sell its supermarket operation, RT-Mart, to e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
Shares in Sun Art, the biggest hypermarket operator in China, jumped 6.5% to HK$8.70 ($1.12) on Friday morning before the suspension, their highest level in two years, after Chinese media reported that the two companies were in discussions.
- 1China May Introduce First Rule on Overseas Investment by Year-End
- 2Grisly Murder Sheds Light on Gangs Who Kill Workers for Compensation
- 3Henan Considers Credit Default Swaps as Debts Mount
- 4Can China’s ‘Leather Capital’ Repay Its Environmental Debts?
- 5China Group in Front for Major New York Subway Contract