Project Ban in Six Regions Saps Wind-Power Shares
(Beijing) — Shares of wind-power equipment makers sagged on Friday after Beijing said it will suspend all approval for new projects in six provincial-level regions due to poor planning of previous wind farms there.
Dongfang Electric Corp. Ltd. shares led the downward movement, shedding 3.4% in Hong Kong, followed by a 1.8% decline for Shanghai-traded Sinovel Wind Group Co. Ltd. Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology Co. Ltd. was unchanged, while Longyuan Power Group Corp. Ltd. was the lone gainer in the group, up by a slight 0.3%.
- 1China Hits Brakes on Overseas Investment Drive
- 2Chinese Universities, Media Climb Steep Learning Curve to 21st Century
- 3American Airlines Taxis Closer to L.A.-to-Beijing Takeoff
- 4Central Bank Pledges Continued Stable Monetary Policy
- 5Central Bank Pushes Payment Companies to Connect With New Clearinghouse