ZhenHua Nears Deal for Chevron’s Bangladesh Gas Fields
(Beijing) — A Chinese military-affiliated oil producer is close to purchasing U.S. energy giant Chevron Corp.’s gas fields in Bangladesh for $2 billion in a deal that would mark its first overseas acquisition in four years.
Approval from Bangladeshi authorities is the last major hurdle before the deal between state-owned China ZhenHua Oil Co. Ltd. and Chevron becomes final, sources familiar with the matter told Caixin.
- 1Hong Kong Hedge Fund Files $88 Million Lawsuit Against Elusive Businessman Guo Wengui
- 2Beijing Real-Estate Slump Deepens
- 3China Removes Steel Makers From ‘Qualified’ List for First Time
- 4Retraction of Cancer Papers Highlights Corruption in Chinese Academia
- 5Tianjin Rolls Out Draft Regulations on Shared Bikes