ZhenHua Nears Deal for Chevron’s Bangladesh Gas Fields
(Beijing) — A Chinese military-affiliated oil producer is close to purchasing U.S. energy giant Chevron Corp.’s gas fields in Bangladesh for $2 billion in a deal that would mark its first overseas acquisition in four years.
Approval from Bangladeshi authorities is the last major hurdle before the deal between state-owned China ZhenHua Oil Co. Ltd. and Chevron becomes final, sources familiar with the matter told Caixin.
- 1China Faces Daunting Challenges as Senior Care Comes of Age
- 2Cabinet Outlines Curbs on ‘Irrational’ Outbound Investment
- 3Doing Business in China: Joint Ventures Show Signs of Aging, but Still Have Some Life
- 4Schools for Migrant Children Vanishing as Beijing Combats Population Growth
- 5Is Sci-Fi the Next Big Chinese Cultural Export After Kung Fu?