Smart Chart: Investors Ride Bike-Sharing Wave
China has turned the business of bike sharing, traditionally a money-losing proposition sponsored by municipal governments, into the latest hot investment trend. Hundreds of millions of dollars have poured into the sector over the last two years, turbocharging an industry that has flooded the streets and sidewalks of major Chinese cities with legions of bikes in yellow, orange, blue, neon green and other colors, each representing a different startup.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3Viewers Wince as Beloved Japanese TV Drama Gets Tasteless Remake in China
- 4The Silver Way: How Mexican Silver Coins Paved a 16th-Century Sea Route to China
- 522-Year-Old Man Identified as Suspect in Kindergarten Explosion