Cities’ Pollution Violations Have Inspectors Fuming
(Beijing) — Environmental inspectors from the central government have slammed local authorities in Beijing, Shanghai and Chongqing for failing to meet pollution reduction targets and other green commitments.
Three high-level teams sent by the Communist Party, which included officials from its anti-corruption watchdog, its personnel department and the Ministry of Environmental Protection, toured the three mega cities in November and December. They found that local authorities in all three areas had failed to meet conservation goals, and that lax government oversight had led to widespread violations of environmental protection laws.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence