Cities’ Pollution Violations Have Inspectors Fuming
(Beijing) — Environmental inspectors from the central government have slammed local authorities in Beijing, Shanghai and Chongqing for failing to meet pollution reduction targets and other green commitments.
Three high-level teams sent by the Communist Party, which included officials from its anti-corruption watchdog, its personnel department and the Ministry of Environmental Protection, toured the three mega cities in November and December. They found that local authorities in all three areas had failed to meet conservation goals, and that lax government oversight had led to widespread violations of environmental protection laws.
- 1Red Bull Owner Locks Horns With Chinese Partners
- 2Audit Uncovers Five Problems Plaguing Corporate China
- 3Local Officials Now Liable for Bad Debt-Management Decisions for Life
- 4China to Accelerate SOE Consolidation in Bid to Build Corporate Giants
- 5Tencent Shares Hit Record High After Investment Invitation From State Rail Operator