Size Matters: Fate of Quadricycle Industry Rides on Classification
(Beijing) — The fate of the multibillion-yuan quadricycle industry is riding on how regulators decide to classify the four-wheel electric vehicles.
Resembling small cars or buggies, quadricycles — which have satisfied demands for motorized transport in rural China — still do not have an official classification.
The general understanding is that the “low-speed electric vehicles” run solely on electricity and can reach a maximum speed of 70 kph with engines much less powerful than that of an automobile.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence