Size Matters: Fate of Quadricycle Industry Rides on Classification
(Beijing) — The fate of the multibillion-yuan quadricycle industry is riding on how regulators decide to classify the four-wheel electric vehicles.
Resembling small cars or buggies, quadricycles — which have satisfied demands for motorized transport in rural China — still do not have an official classification.
The general understanding is that the “low-speed electric vehicles” run solely on electricity and can reach a maximum speed of 70 kph with engines much less powerful than that of an automobile.
- 1China Unicom Says It Uncovered Massive Revenue Falsification in Shaanxi Unit
- 2Goodbye, Dali: Hip Tourist Spot Turns Into Ghost Town as Sewage Scare Prompts Shutdown
- 3Beijing Holds Its Breath as Ozone Levels Surge
- 4China Brands Dial Up More Than Half of India Smartphone Market
- 5 Opinion: One Belt, One Road: China’s 21st Century Marshall Plan?