Sino-Cambodian Factory Zone Sets Pace for Belt and Road
Dai Yue’e was so eager to win the trust of Cambodian farmers whose land had been targeted for expropriation near the town of Sihanoukville that she set aside her electronic device with satellite navigation and picked up a ruler.
Then, with ruler in hand, Dai waded through weed-tangled fields, marking off every farmer's plot, meter by meter. Eventually, her diligent efforts back in 2007 laid the groundwork for a successful land buyout and construction of a huge manufacturing complex.
- 1China Hits Brakes on Overseas Investment Drive
- 2Chinese Universities, Media Climb Steep Learning Curve to 21st Century
- 3American Airlines Taxis Closer to L.A.-to-Beijing Takeoff
- 4Central Bank Pledges Continued Stable Monetary Policy
- 5Central Bank Pushes Payment Companies to Connect With New Clearinghouse