Sino-Cambodian Factory Zone Sets Pace for Belt and Road
Dai Yue’e was so eager to win the trust of Cambodian farmers whose land had been targeted for expropriation near the town of Sihanoukville that she set aside her electronic device with satellite navigation and picked up a ruler.
Then, with ruler in hand, Dai waded through weed-tangled fields, marking off every farmer's plot, meter by meter. Eventually, her diligent efforts back in 2007 laid the groundwork for a successful land buyout and construction of a huge manufacturing complex.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence