Sino-Cambodian Factory Zone Sets Pace for Belt and Road
Dai Yue’e was so eager to win the trust of Cambodian farmers whose land had been targeted for expropriation near the town of Sihanoukville that she set aside her electronic device with satellite navigation and picked up a ruler.
Then, with ruler in hand, Dai waded through weed-tangled fields, marking off every farmer's plot, meter by meter. Eventually, her diligent efforts back in 2007 laid the groundwork for a successful land buyout and construction of a huge manufacturing complex.
- 1China Unicom Says It Uncovered Massive Revenue Falsification in Shaanxi Unit
- 2Goodbye, Dali: Hip Tourist Spot Turns Into Ghost Town as Sewage Scare Prompts Shutdown
- 3Beijing Holds Its Breath as Ozone Levels Surge
- 4China Brands Dial Up More Than Half of India Smartphone Market
- 5 Opinion: One Belt, One Road: China’s 21st Century Marshall Plan?