Opinion: With One Belt, One Road, World’s Economic Center of Gravity Returns to Asia
The world’s economic center of gravity is returning to Asia.
With it, the historic trade routes of the Silk Road are emerging from centuries in the shadows, creating new opportunities for trade, economic growth and development. Where caravans of donkeys, camels, and horses once carried goods and ideas between East and West, today it is trucks, trains, ships and the internet that are binding one end of the Eurasian landmass to the other.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence