Moutai Investors Ride Roller Coaster With Baijiu Maker
China’s 106-proof baijiu Feitian Moutai was once the toast of the town for ritzy government banquets and diplomatic dinners.
Officialdom’s intimate relationship with Feitian and its distiller Kweichow Moutai Co. Ltd. ended in late 2012 when the Communist Party’s newly appointed General Secretary Xi Jinping launched a sweeping anti-graft campaign.
The campaign, which continues today under now-President Xi, put the brakes on extravagant government functions in which Feitian and other brands of Moutai liquor were frequently served.
- 1Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 2China’s Quest for ‘World Class’ Universities Triggers Spending Spree
- 3Despite Cryptocurrency Curbs, China Backs Underlying Technology
- 4Quick Take: China Postpones New Tax Rules on E-commerce Imports, Again
- 5China's COMAC Reports 130 New Orders for C919 Planes
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas