Opinion: One Belt, One Road: China’s 21st Century Marshall Plan?
China’s Belt and Road initiative offers a huge opportunity. It is true that there are risks. But it is clear what we should do. We should welcome the initiative with open arms and engage with it.
We have been here before. In 1945, the world was emerging from war and the crisis of the Great Depression. Many foresaw a return to closed economies and to authoritarianism, but the best looked back to the pre-World War I era of globalization. Leaders in the United States and Britain reached out to create a liberal international order.
- 1Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 2China’s Quest for ‘World Class’ Universities Triggers Spending Spree
- 3Despite Cryptocurrency Curbs, China Backs Underlying Technology
- 4Quick Take: China Postpones New Tax Rules on E-commerce Imports, Again
- 5China's COMAC Reports 130 New Orders for C919 Planes