China Claims Major Advance in Extraction of ‘Combustible Ice’
(Beijing) — China says it has extracted methane gas in a stable way from an unconventional source of fuel known as “combustible ice” — an event the government claimed is a first that could trigger a revolution in the energy world.
Chinese miners produced methane gas from what is properly called gas hydrate for eight straight days ending Thursday from a drilling platform in the South China Sea, according to the China Geological Survey (CGS).
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3China Asks Banks to Assess Credit Risks Linked to Firms Active in Overseas Deals
- 4Chinese Regulators Tighten Grip on Disguised Loans
- 5China’s Aier Eye Hospital Group Has Sights on Big U.S. Presence