China Claims Major Advance in Extraction of ‘Combustible Ice’
(Beijing) — China says it has extracted methane gas in a stable way from an unconventional source of fuel known as “combustible ice” — an event the government claimed is a first that could trigger a revolution in the energy world.
Chinese miners produced methane gas from what is properly called gas hydrate for eight straight days ending Thursday from a drilling platform in the South China Sea, according to the China Geological Survey (CGS).
- 1China Hits Brakes on Overseas Investment Drive
- 2Chinese Universities, Media Climb Steep Learning Curve to 21st Century
- 3American Airlines Taxis Closer to L.A.-to-Beijing Takeoff
- 4Central Bank Pledges Continued Stable Monetary Policy
- 5Central Bank Pushes Payment Companies to Connect With New Clearinghouse