China Claims Major Advance in Extraction of ‘Combustible Ice’
(Beijing) — China says it has extracted methane gas in a stable way from an unconventional source of fuel known as “combustible ice” — an event the government claimed is a first that could trigger a revolution in the energy world.
Chinese miners produced methane gas from what is properly called gas hydrate for eight straight days ending Thursday from a drilling platform in the South China Sea, according to the China Geological Survey (CGS).
- 1China Unicom Says It Uncovered Massive Revenue Falsification in Shaanxi Unit
- 2Goodbye, Dali: Hip Tourist Spot Turns Into Ghost Town as Sewage Scare Prompts Shutdown
- 3Beijing Holds Its Breath as Ozone Levels Surge
- 4China Brands Dial Up More Than Half of India Smartphone Market
- 5 Opinion: One Belt, One Road: China’s 21st Century Marshall Plan?