China Renewable Companies Aren’t Juiced Up About ‘Green Certificate’ Program
(Beijing) — The Chinese government is trying to reduce its own subsidy burden while still supporting the solar- and wind-power industries through the buying and selling of “green certificates.” But at least so far, renewable-energy companies aren’t piling in.
The idea behind the certificates is that renewable sources of energy could get what would be akin to a government subsidy, but through private companies that want to show their customers they are green-friendly and financially encouraging renewable energy. The buying is set to begin on July 1.
- 1Wukong Becomes China’s First Bike-Share Failure
- 2Tencent Unveils Plan to Create Electronic Sports Gaming Empire
- 3Viewers Wince as Beloved Japanese TV Drama Gets Tasteless Remake in China
- 4The Silver Way: How Mexican Silver Coins Paved a 16th-Century Sea Route to China
- 522-Year-Old Man Identified as Suspect in Kindergarten Explosion