The Best Reads of the Week From Caixin
Are banks and internet companies China’s new power couple? What new details emerged this week on Wanda’s massive asset sale to Sunac? Why are Chinese tourists shifting from shopping to sightseeing? Why has the toxic gas ozone become China’s top air pollutant? And how can China’s health system cope when an estimated half of its doctors are underqualified? Here are five fascinating story windows into today’s China that I don't want you to miss.
- 1How Did an Ambitious Cross-Border Settlement Firm’s Dream Turn Sour?
- 2Court Overturns Sentence for Ally Who Turned on Guo Wengui
- 3What Fallen Officials Did To Get Ahead and Avoid Getting Caught
- 4 China En Route to Driverless-Car Road Testing
- 5Chinese Battery-Maker Might Win Huge Volkswagen Contract
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas