China Merchants Group Acquires 90% of Brazilian Port Operator
A subsidiary of the state-owned conglomerate China Merchants Group has acquired a controlling stake in Brazil’s second-largest port.
The announcement came as leaders of the two countries met in China at an annual forum to discuss cooperation between five of the world’s largest emerging economies.
China Merchants Port Holdings Co. Ltd. (CMPort) has agreed to spend 2.89 billion reais ($919 million) for a 90% stake in TCP Participacoes, the facilities operator of Brazil’s second-largest container terminal at the southern Port of Paranagua.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas