Percentage of Wage Income in GDP Falls
(Beijing) - The proportion of wage income in China's gross domestic product dropped 20 percentage points from 1978 to 2005 while the ratio of returns from investments to GDP rose 20 percentage points during the same period, according to a labor union official.
Zhang Jianguo, director of the Collective Contract Department of the All China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU), was quoted by Beijing News as saying that the key to wealth distribution reforms is to raise workers' wages.
- 1Opinion: Jack Ma’s ‘669’ Sex Joke Reinforces Tech’s Culture of Gender Harassment
- 2China Boosts Hydrogen Fuel Cell Investment in Green Energy Push
- 3Jack Ma Faces Backlash for Telling Employees How Often to Have Sex
- 4In Depth: Surveillance Equipment Giant Hounded by Competition, Security Concerns
- 5Huawei to Seek Remedies in Face of U.S. Ban
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas