For a Quality Recovery, Raise Interest Rates
Unlike the frigid European economy, the Chinese economy continues to steam ahead. But in the area of macro economic policy, China seems to be lagging. We think the time has come for a meaningful policy adjustment: China should raise interest rates.
No one doubts that Chinese policymakers can get some things done. The government flexed its muscles recently by taking steps to control a property bubble and reduce excess liquidity.
- 1Cover Story: How Bad Is China’s Manufacturing Exodus?
- 2Four Things to Know About Chinese Policy Banks’ Extra $120 Billion for Infrastructure
- 3China’s Anti-Monopoly Law Revised to Tighten Supervision on Platform Economy
- 4In Depth: How SoftBank Wrestled Back Control of Arm China
- 5In Depth: Local and National Interests Clash in China’s New Green Power Market
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas